HOME > School Info > Code of Conduct-Discipline Rules
Code of Conduct-Discipline Rules
- All students must participate in the flag-raising/lowering and pledge-taking ceremony.
- All students must stand at attention and face the flags when the National Anthem and School song is being sung and pledge recited.
- Students who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the National Pledge.
- Students will take the pledge with the right fist over the heart.
- Students must be well-mannered, honest and respectful to staff and peers at all times.
- Students must co-operate with teachers and prefects.
- Students must exercise self-discipline and do the right thing at all times.
- All pupils are to treat one another with respect and care and not hurt one another in any way – physically, emotionally or through social media platforms.
- Students must queue up for food and eat in the school canteen only.
- Students must not litter or vandalise school property.
- Students are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school. (If pupils need to bring their mobile phones to school due to an emergency, permission is to be sought from the teacher. The mobile phones will be kept by the teacher during school hours.)
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- All students must be punctual for school and all school functions.
- Punctuality is a habit formed. Hence, students are encouraged to be at the designated assembly areas before the flag raising ceremony at 7.30 a.m. Students who are early will read their storybooks silently when seated at the assembly areas.
- Students are deemed to be late if they report to school after 7.30 a.m.
- Students who are late 3 times or more will be issued a letter to inform their parents and to seek their help to ensure that their child comes to school punctually. Disciplinary action will be taken for students with more than 3 warnings.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school grounds during school hours without permission. This applies to students having lessons and those who are staying back in school for remedial/supplementary lessons or CCA.
- Students must remain within the school grounds for their own safety.
- A student should not be taken out of school during curriculum time (including leaving the country) so as to ensure that he/she does not miss out on his/her 9 learning. Parents/guardians are to consult the Form Teacher or Year Head for advice in advance if they intend to take students out of the country during curriculum time.
- If a student is absent from school during curriculum time because of medical or other valid reasons, please furnish either a medical certificate (MC) or letter of excuse from the parent. Phone messages are not accepted. Teachers are not obliged to provide students with extra lessons, tests or examination should they miss school without valid reason.
- Students are to attend all lessons required by the school. Absence from these lessons without valid reason is deemed to be playing truant.
- Students who are selected to attend remedial lessons must attend all lessons as instructed.
- Students’ attire must be neat and tidy at all times. (Please refer to pictures on the next page for examples of properly attired students).
- Students must have their name tags sewn onto their school uniform at all times.
- Students must not wear jewellery to school. Only small ear studs in black, gold, or silver may be worn.
- Every student must wear the prescribed school uniform. Modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Every student must wear the prescribed P.E. attire during P.E. lessons. All T-shirts are to be tucked in.
- Every student must put on the school black socks, with SKPS printed on it, and plain black shoes.
- Students must wear the school uniform or school P.E. attire when they visit the school after school hours or during the school holidays.
- Girls with long hair (i.e. hair touching the shoulders) must have it tied neatly in a ponytail or two plaits. Long fringes must be clipped back or to the side. Only black hair clips are allowed. A black hairband may also be used to keep the fringe off the face.
- Boys’ hair must be kept short and neat.
- Fanciful hairstyles or coloured/dyed hair are not allowed. • Students who fail the check* will be sent home for a re-cut after the compliance period is over
- Boys are not allowed to keep facial hair. Face must be clean-shaven.
- Students must have the excellent mind set to do the best that he/she can when given a task or opportunity.
- Students must do all homework and worksheets assigned by the teacher dutifully and hand in work promptly.
- All corrections must be done neatly and promptly as instructed by the respective subject teachers.
- Students must ensure that all worksheets are filed neatly in their respective subject files.
- All students are expected to set academic goals at the beginning of the year and termly character goals. They are to monitor their goals closely throughout the year so that they can perform at their optimal level.